Do you incorporate stretching or foam rolling into your daily routine? Both of these are practices that you should absolutely slot into your day-to-day calendar, because the benefits are far-reaching… just like you will be after all that stretching!
Benefits of foam rolling and stretching
- Preps muscles for movement and can prevent injury
- Helps with proper movement patterns and pain reduction
- Reduces muscle and joint tension
- Improves flexibility and mobility and can help decrease muscle tension (especially post-workout stretching)
There are some best practices to keep in mind when you are stretching or foam rolling in order to prevent injury and maximize all the benefits. The main two for getting started are:
- Make sure to breathe into stretches and hold position for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Never push hard into stretches that may cause pain and injury.
It is always best to get insight from a professional on how to best and most safely incorporate stretching and foam rolling into your daily routine. If you’re looking for an exercise physiologist or certified fitness trainer near you to help you get started, Hoag Executive Health is your answer.
We Can Help!
At Hoag Executive Health, we have a dedicated team of experts that place you at the center of your care. Our Exercise Physiologists work together with our Fitness Trainers to guide your personal care goals. After a comprehensive physical examination at our on-site, private fitness facility, you will receive a program specially designed for you that you can take and apply to start living a happier and healthier life.
Call us today at (949) 202-4923!